On 07.01-13:40, Jeff Anderson wrote:
[ ... ]
> > please troll somewhere else.
> >
> I wasn't trolling, thank you. I was genuinely interested in how this
> would look.

my apologies, i mis-read your terse questioning.

a 'blank' value is essentially undefined in database terms and may be
interpreted in various ways.  in a mysql database (and other relational
databases i know of) a 'blank integer' would generally be null.
however the value could also trigger a database condition that would
assign it a specific value which could in fact be defined as a custom
data type or enumerated value.  essentially, your question holds
limitless answers, none of which you could actually 'see' (unless you
wish to see an arbitary mnemonic or binary code).

in django 'blank' does not define the data type, or even a property
of the data it simply asserts that an empty (or blank) field submission
should be considered valid, or more accurately, not be considered
invalid within the admin interface.  i think of this as a common
override case in the standard validation code (which is most useful
for a text field).