On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 00:33 -0800, drakkan wrote:
[...]
> consider that other orm such sqlalchemy (with the right configuration)
> can manage the mass delete without problems (tested on postgres), the
> trick is to allow control on the database cascade behaivour, I
> understand you are not interested to add this features to django :-(,

Well, like I said, we take patches. All contributions to Django come
from volunteers who want to solve a particular problem. I'm not going to
drop the few dozen things I'm working on to do this particular thing,
because it simply isn't high enough priority for me. If it's high
priority for you, by all means, go for it. There are no problems we
aren't interested in having solutions for. There are problems that are
much lower priority than others, though.

Malcolm