On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 19:51 -0800, OwenK wrote:
> I've made a dictionary site that relies on a text file to look up
> entries. The function that calls it works fine in the shell or in the
> development server, but when I try to use it with mod_python/apache it
> gives me an IOError errno 2, No such file or directory. Why the
> difference? Is there a better/nicer way to call the file then with the
> file() function?

I'll make a guess that either you're using a relative path to the file
or directory, which happens to work by accident (based on your starting
location) when using the dev server.

Another possibility is that the web server doesn't have permission to
read the file, although I would guess that that returns a different
error message (permission denied or something like that).

Regards,
Malcolm