On Jan 16, 2009, at 5:10 PM, Gath wrote:

> Am building a Q&A page, sort of stackoverflow.com kinda page! Am
> having a bit of a problem trying to render the form. Am pasing 3
> objects to the template that renders the page i.e. Question object,
> Answers related to the question and Answer form object.
>
> In the first part of the page i want to display the Question, then the
> answers list related to the question follows, then at the bottom of
> the page i display my form to enter the new answer.
>
> On my template when i use the {{ extends "base_site.html" }} tag,
> then only the form get rendered without the first part of questions,
> When i remove that tag then only the Question section get displayed
> minus the form!!

Generally when you extend another template you need to be filling in
blocks in that template. So the template below, in addition to {%
block title %}, should probably be putting the rest of the content
into a block that corresponds to a block in the base_site.html
template. What does base_site.html look like?