Hi all -

I am building a site where users can register and deploy their own
instances of Django. This isn't a public hosting site, just some
distributed system work I'm doing for a class project.
The Django instances are deployed on apache. I want to be able to
dynamically add new Django instances without having to reload apache
when a user signs up.

This is my ideal setup:

http://server.com/application/alice -> Alice's personal Django
instance
http://server.com/application/bob -> Bob's personal Django instance
http://server.com/application/charles -> Charles' personal Django
instance

One solution is to manipulate the apache config files after a user
creates an instance, but then I'd have to reload apache for this to
take effect.  I really don't want a configuration file with one
<Location> directive per user account.

The problem that I see is that each instance needs its own
django.root, PythonPath, DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE and PythonInterpreter,
as shown below:

         <Location "/application/bob">
                SetHandler python-program
                PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
                SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE bob.settings
                PythonOption django.root /bob
                PythonDebug On
                PythonPath "['/var/applications/bob/'] + sys.path"
                PythonInterpreter bob
        </Location>

If the regex in LocationMatch were grouping, this would be trivial.
But it doesn't appear to be.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas about how to get this working, it
would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
- Charles