Dear all,

a beginner's question: I have added these entries into a django
project in the urls.py:

   (r'^accounts/password_change/$',
django.contrib.auth.views.password_change),
   (r'^accounts/password_change_done/$',
django.contrib.auth.views.password_change_done),

and I have provided customised versions of the template files that
these views use (i.e. registration/password_change_form.html and
registration/password_change_done.html).

This is all working nicely :), well done Django developers.

However, in the template files, I extend my base.html which makes use
of the request object (basically checking whether the request has as
authenticated used and changing the html depending on this).

It appears that the request object is not available in registration/
password_change_form.html when called from the view
django.contrib.auth.views.password_change.

Here is the question: Is there a (simple?) way of feeding that request
object somehow into the view so that it can be used in the
registration/password_change_form.html?

Many thanks for any hints in advance,

Hans