On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Ian <ian.g.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, that's the problem.  The admin automatically adds .distinct() to  the
> queryset whenever one of the search fields is in a related model,  which
> would trigger the error.

Ok, got it.

> This is a limitation of Oracle, and there's not a whole lot we can do
> about it, other than to suggest you not structure your models that way.

But in my case, it gotta have a TextField.

>  Probably your best solution will be to put the TextField in a separate
> one-to-one related model.

I tried it, but it became awful. For instance, every time that I add a Book,
not only there's a list of all other descriptions already added, but also
I've to add it in a separated window. I'm more inclined to change to a mysql
db.

Thanks, Ian!
--
João Olavo Baião de Vasconcelos