You need to make sure that the user apache is running as (usually
"apache") has write access to the database file *and* the directory
that the database file is in.

The development server would work because *you* probably have write
access to those paths.

As for the sqlite3 version, run python, then:
>>> import sqlite3
>>> sqlite3.version

-Jeff