Hi all,
   Please excuse me if this is a naive question. I am a developer/
programmer who is now into web development for the first time.
   I have read through Django tutorial and I have a moderate
understanding of how Django works.

   I have two major questions, which is bugging me quite a lot. I will
try to put it succinctly.

----(1)----
   One problem is that in my site, I am not using templates very much
- My understanding is that on using templates quite a bit only one can
unlock the full efficiency of Django.
   However, when I am designing my site, I find that I am not using
templates too much.

   To explain more: My site is a ajax based site which uses YUI quite
a bit. In almost all pages, html part is very less compared to
javascript and CSS. On an average, the html portion would be around
20-25 lines while CSS is ~300 lines and javascript (not considering
YUI) is ~1000 lines. Using ajax I get 20-30 bytes of data everytime
the user performs some action, and is made in a viewable format using
Javascript.

   Since the code is like this, I use templates for just displaying
very small things - like name of the user etc. Other than that I am
not using template functionalitiles (filters or constructs like if,
for etc) at all.

    Could somebody let me know whether this is usual? Am I missing
some basic viewpoints which is causing me to write far too much code
than necessary? i.e. Am I or am I not following Django framework
properly?

----(2)----
    Another question that I have is - is it usual to have no major
architecture in the web coding? i.e. When I used to do C programming,
I used to use all sort of design patterns etc. Now I am into web
programming using Django, and now I dont find the need to have a
complex architecture. The functionality is complex - but I am
implicitly following MVT pattern by using Django and I do not find any
need for other major architectural decisions. The only decisions that
we make now is how to have the DB setup - other than that we just have
code in views to handle individual scenarios based on user actions.
    This is very different from my earlier programming experience. So,
I am very much worried that I am missing something major and it is
going to blow up in my face later. If someone can help me on this too,
it would be very helpful.

Regards
Koran