On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 3:01 PM, phoebebright <phoebebright...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I need to see the contents of some objects that are passed as
> parameters into a function.  I can stop the function (assert false)
> and look at the traceback, but it doesn't tell me the contents of the
> objects.  I have tried print statemnts, pickle and pprint.  I don't
> want to stray into the methods of debugging as in this thread
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/7ba442f5f5b1f04f/541eab57736537c5?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=debugging#541eab57736537c5
> - deadline is tight.  I just want to output the contents of an
> object!

No, really, you do want to learn how to use a debugger, especially if your
deadline is tight.  For a small investment in learning the tool you will
gain a huge amount of productivity by being able to see exactly what your
code is doing, what variables it is operating on, etc., without having to
waste time scattering (and then later removing) prints or asserts or
whatever all over the place.

Karen