Hi Django Users,

I'm setting up a new Django model for a Newsletter app.  The
newsletter model has a many to many to a Book model that has about
20,000 records.  This results in a multiple select box that is
unusable for searching/selecting books.

I have some ideas on what I can do to make this usable but I also
wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to
work around it.

Some ideas with what I imagine are their pros/cons...

1) Instead of using a many to many, use a text field that the user
enters a comma separated list of items as lookup strings for the Book
model.  Pros: Pretty simple to do.  Cons: Opens up potentially lots of
user error by having to type exact strings for the model lookup.

2) Override the admin views and templates for adding and editing
Newsletters and use a different widget for selecting books.  The
widget could be an AJAX auto complete multiple widget of some sort, as
seen on a lot of sites.  Pros: Easier for the user to enter multiple
books using a common web pattern.  Cons: I'd say quite a bit more time
consuming to set up.

Any other ways to do this?  Or some examples of #2 to help someone
along?

Thanks,
Rob