Lee,

They are using this part of the app as a CMS so need to be able to put
multiple images in the text.  Given the way apps such as Joomla and
other CMSs work, this is a not unreasonable expectation.

Got hold of a PC and solved one of the problems with filebrowser - the
curse of the trailing ,

IE does not allow this in javascript, any othe browser does

x=alist(one,two,three,)

this is ok

x=alist(one,two,three)

Still a bugette to be solved, but getting there.  Would still really
like to understand why YUI will not work in IE.  There is something
different about the way django is handling to response to php I think.
(see
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/6f0fad0c9ce2bffb/72712e1a83ad792a?lnk=gst&q=yui#72712e1a83ad792a)
but looks like filebrowser is going to be the solutions - phew!