On Feb 18, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Thomas Hill wrote:

> Ah, yes, indeed. Will definately do that, thanks. Regarding the
> formset classes and form classes with their try/except lines,
> however, does that look "right"?

Ah ok. I must have completely overlooked that. You seem to be solving
things in the wrong way. You check for existence in kwargs in
ResourceRoleForm.__init__. However, a better way to approach this is
to use the optional argument to pop which handles the "default" case
(or when the key does not exist). Then when the values are needed test
there for the correct value. So as a quick example:

self.resource = kwargs.pop("resource", None)

This enables you to remove the if in kwargs checks and the
AttributeError catching. Also in ResourceRoleForm.__init__ you no
longer have to check for existence similar to
ResourceRoleForm.__init__ after this slight modification. Then you can
simply check for None and deal with the fields attributes that way.

Brian Rosner
http://oebfare.com