On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 1:43 PM, May <adles...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to get the institution name through an intermediary table (two
> foreign keys) to display in a template.
>
> The code is here:
>
> http://dpaste.com/122204/
>
> Thank you anyone,

(Your subject line says manytomany but I don't see any evidence of
ManyToMany relations in the page you point to, there you just mention
ForeignKeys?)

Your view passes in a results variable to your template where you have:

{% for project in results %}
{{Project.contact|safe}}
{{Contact.institutionname|safe}} # the institutionname (isn't retrieving)...
{% endfor %}

First, I don't see how the {{Project..}} bit can be working since you've got
a case mismatch on the leading 'p' between {% for project ... %} and {{
Project...}}

Second, {{ Contact...}} won't be resolving to anything because you don't
have any variable named Contact.  Perhaps you want:

{{ project.contact.institution }}

or

{{ project.contact.institution.institutionname }}

it's a little hard to tell because you didn't actually include your model
definitions.  If it's just following foreign keys to get to the field you
want, though, it's quite easy to do using the dot notation if you know the
right field names.

Karen