You don't give a lot information about what is happening, so I'm
stabbing a bit in the dark here...

I would guess your problem is that you have created a form which has a
filefield that is required. Even though you probably upload a file and
maybe even pass it to the form, you are not doing it in a way that
django can understand. Probably because you choose to construct your
own date instead of using the data from request.POST and
request.FILES. It would be a much better approach to use the data from
request, and then if it needs to be altered, to do it in the form
validation. This could be done if you fx have a models primary key and
instead want to return the object.

Anyways, if this doesn't help you, you would help yourself a lot if
you do explain what exactly the problem is, what you are doing, maybe
a little snippet of code.