I just tried running the code that the "U" date-formatting parameter
uses, and for me, it was off by about 11.5 days.  According to the
documentation, the "U" parameter is not implemented:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/templates/builtins/#now

According to this ticket, someone might change the documentation soon,
so you might want to get a word in beforehand:
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/9850

I'd do it, but you already have the lovely test case :-)

-Jeff