I'd like to make my own custom view. In the past I did this by
following the django book and added a URL to my main urlpatterns above
the '^admin/(.*)' pattern. But I noticed a new get_urls function on
the ModelAdmin class in the docs. I'm on trunk, and just did an svn
update to 9975 to try this out.

The docs for get_urls show the view being registered as self.view. Is
that possible to register a class method as a view?

Anyway, just to try things out, I created a view function right in my
admin.py file, and my admin.py file looks like this:

http://dpaste.com/6643/

I'm kind of guessing here about the URL I need to visit to trigger
this new view. My model lives at admin/gcalendar/event, so I'm
guessing I need to visit admin/gcalendar/event/my_view. When I do
that, I get this error:

ValueError at /admin/gcalendar/event/my_view/

invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'my_view'

With this traceback:  http://dpaste.com/6649/

For reference, here is my models.py:  http://dpaste.com/6650/

Thanks!