On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:19 AM, bax...@gretschpages.com <
mail.bax...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my model, I've got
>
>    sites = models.ManyToManyField(Site)
>
> In a signal, I want to check which site(s) that model has been
> assigned to, not which site their currently on. I need something like
>
> if instance.sites.id == 1:
>   do stuff
>
> Of course, that doesn't work. How do I do this?

So a given instance can have more than 1 site attached to it, do you want to
say, if 1 is the id of one of it's sites do this, if so it looks like:

if instance.sites.filter(id=1):
    do stuff

which is hopefully clear in what it does, if you're trying to do something
else you'll have to clarify.

Alex

say it." --Voltaire
"The people's good is the highest law."--Cicero