I just want to say Hello Mary in my HTML code pulling Mary's username
from the request.data.

I've dug through the documentation and through this group, but am
still baffled by
what seems the inability of Django to allow someone to display a value
in some format
other than an input variable of a form.

For instance if the users name is "Mary", and Mary has logged in...

in view.py then
thisusername = request.user.username
data = {'thisusername':username,}
form = form_class(data)

now in the hello.html how do you say Hello Mary?

when I try {{ form.thisusername }}   - i get an input field

when i try coding html like

<input id="id_thisusername" type="text" name="thisusername"
maxlength="20" />
- i get a writable input field

when i try ....
<input id="thisusername" type="text" name="thisusername"
maxlength="20" READONLY />
- i get a blank input / no value field

How does Django enable the ability to pass variables to a Form or a
Template whose purpose is only to be displayed?