On 18 mrt, 13:01, MarcoS <marc.se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Adi, thanks for your reply!
>
> I had just tried the DateField.input_formats, but the problem was that
> I'm using the date admin widgets.
> If I specify input_formats like: '%d.%m.%y', I can't use the admin
> widgets 'cause it insert the date in the format: '%Y-%m-%d' (how you
> can see in django/contrib/admin/media/js/admin/DateTimeShortcuts.js
> line 239)...

Marco,

look at my solution here:
http://groups.google.be/group/django-users/msg/50eba033580c7536

to use the admin date picker, you need to tell your widget to add the
correct attrs so the last line becomes something like this:

super(DateWidget, self).__init__(format=settings.DATE_OUTPUT_FORMAT,
attrs={'class': 'vDateField'})

good luck,

Koen