My original suggestion would still work--run a cron job every minute
(or so) that finds all of the sessions that have an expiration date
since the last time the script was run--delete those, then log an
entry in your audit table.  Seems pretty simple to me, and I can't see
any reason why it wouldn't work.

Also, to back up Malcom, Jacob, and everyone else that's been trying
to help you--you *have* been a bit difficult, and the wording you use
*is* very important.   You attract more flies with honey--not that
anyone here is a fly.

-Jeff