On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 5:44 PM, nick <kumar.nim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a django newbie.
> The first example I tried from django's tutorial "mysite", ran python
> manage.py runserver.
> Server runs with no errors but my web browser (firefox) get "Firefox
> offline mode error" and not django 404 errors.
> I tried different localhost ports, but same error. My browser doesn't
> seem to communicate with django's lightweight server.
> What to do?

Go to the Firefox File menu and see if "Work Offline" is checked.  If it is,
select it, so that it becomes unchecked.  Then Firefox won't stop any
attempt to connect before even trying.  If "Work offline" is not checked, I
have no idea.  It sounds like a Firefox problem so I'd probably try a
different browser, and assuming that works pursue tracking down what the
problem with Firefox is.

Karen