Hi,

I'm new to django, but not new to SQL.  I have a (seemingly) trivial
query to run.  In SQL it looks like-

SELECT media.*, media_and_containers.order
FROM media
INNER JOIN media_and_containers ON
    media.id = media_and_containers.media_id
WHERE media.id = 1

In the django ORM I think it should be-

media = MediaLocal.objects.select_related('order').filter(
                mediaandcontainer__media__exact = 1
            )

Yet, it seems, media.order does not exist...

What am I missing?

On a broader level, is Django's ORM intended for people who don't know
how to write SQL?  It seems that many hoops have to be jumped through
to get basic SQL results...

Thanks,

jim