Hi.

You misunderstood the docs a bit, I c/p'ed the url-conf bit here:

(r'^site_media/(?P<path>.*)$', 'django.views.static.serve',
        {'document_root': '/path/to/media'}),

The problem here that is also causing the error is that the file name
should be
a variable and not hardcoded for every file, so instead of default.css
you should
instead have (?P<path>.*). This is part of the argument that serve
will take, which
it uses to find the right file to serve. That is why the error is
saying:
erve() takes at least 2 non-keyword arguments (1 given)
the 2nd arguement that it expect is the document root.

Hope this clear things up for you

~Jakob