I have a simple_tag that receives a queryset, then updates an array
based on the queryset result (using a function), and finally it
returns the array to the template context.

It works beautifully the first time it is viewed with a browser.
However, on subsequent "pageviews" the array is not update, and an
"untouched" array is sent in the context.

If I resave the simple_tag source file, it will again work perfectly
for the first view, while subsequent views will do as above.

So clearly the first time the server receives a HTTP request it the
script runs correctly, but somehow either the queryset is not being
received of the function is not being called after first request.

This is while running on the development server by the way.

I'm a bit stumped. Anyone have an idea of that this could be?