Hi,

I have 2 issues that presumably could be related:

1. when I totally stop apache, I see that some apache processes remain
running. When I repeat the stop operation, apache says that apache is not
running, whereas the processes do exist. So, I have to kill them manually.

2. For a single HTTP request I see that multiple calls of the corresponding
rendering function of a view.py are invoked. The overhead like 30 calls per
single HTTP request is not acceptable neither from performance nor logic
requirements.

Details:

a. both issues appeared after I've switsched to WSGI dipatching model.

b. I use wsgi-based dispatching for apache prefork (unfortunatelly I am
restricted for prefork currently) as descreibed here right in the beginning
of the document: http://pinaxproject.com/docs/dev/deployment.html

c. Also, to restart my app I sometime use "touch my-dispatcher.wsgi" as it
was mentioned somewhere in django docs.

d. the file my-dispatcher.wsgi is basically like this:
http://github.com/pinax/pinax/blob/1f6d2d1216c5e8539639ef561349e4277f370b87/pinax/projects/basic_project/deploy/pinax.wsgi

Your input is very welcome, thanks in advance.

P.S. I doubt that the troubles are purely Pinax-related, but if so, I am
sorry.

Best regards
--
Valery A.Khamenya