On May 16, 9:19 pm, newbie <mara.ku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>          Thanks for your immediate  reply. I've seen the document and
> followed the steps in it already. But was not able achieve any
> progress. In
>
> (r'^site_media/(?P<path>.*)$', 'django.views.static.serve',
> {'document_root': '/path/to/media'}),
>
> does site_media mean the directory in which the template exists or the
> url of the template according to the urls.py file

Er, neither. It refers to the document where your media lives.
Probably the same as MEDIA_ROOT in your settings.py.

> Actually i have a form in the urlhttp://127.0.0.1:8000/identity/franchisebook.
> Once the user fills the form, in the franchisebook function, I'm
> redirecting the variables into a print.html file through
> render_to_response(). And i want to display an image in that file.
> This print.html resides in templates directory(of course all templates
> are in "templates" directory). Below are some things I've tried out
>
> (r'^identity/franchisebook/(?P<path>.*)$',
> 'django.views.static.serve', {'document_root': settings.MEDIA_ROOT}),
> (r'^identity/(?P<path>.*)$', 'django.views.static.serve',
> {'document_root': settings.MEDIA_ROOT}),
> (r'^identity/print.html/(?P<path>.*)$', 'django.views.static.serve',
> {'document_root': settings.MEDIA_ROOT}),
> (r'^identity/franchisebook/print.html/(?P<path>.*)$',
> 'django.views.static.serve', {'document_root': settings.MEDIA_ROOT}),
>
> So what do i have to specify in the place of site_media? I have tried
> all the possible replacemetns. But i was not able to achieve any
> progress. Please help me out.

I don't understand why you want to specify anything instead of
site_media. That's just a URL, and your urls.py is mapping it to a
particular place on the disk - ie where your media files are saved.
There's no reason to start putting references to your template there.
--
DR.