On Jul 1, 3:44 pm, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Emily Rodgers <
>

> emily.kate.rodg...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 1, 3:22 pm, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/search?group=django-.

> >http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/6630.

> > best
> > as

> > right

> > > It will, at a minimum not occur until the end of the summer.  Beyond that
> > > can't make any really useful guesses, other than to say that the
> > aggregation
> > > GSOC project from last summer
> > > ultimately made it's way into django trunk in January, about 3-4 months
> > > after the official end of GSOC.  That may or may not ultimately be
> > > representative of how long it will take multi-db to make it's way back
> > into
> > > Django.  A lot of it probably depends on how the 1.2/1.3 releases are
> > > scheduled.  For example is 1.2 ends up being a smaller release that's put
> > > out in Novemberish I wouldn't expect multi-db to be considered for trunk
> > > until 1.3.  Like I said all of that's rather speculative :)
>
> > > Alex
> > > --
> > > "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
> > > say it." --Voltaire
> > > "The people's good is the highest law."--Cicero
>
> > Thanks Alex. I don't think I can wait that long so it looks like I am
> > going to have to get my hands dirty!
>
> > Is this [1] a sensible starting point?
>
> > [1]
> >http://www.mechanicalgirl.com/view/multiple-database-connection-a-sim...
>
> That blog post is a good source of information, as
> is:http://www.eflorenzano.com/blog/post/easy-multi-database-support-djan...
> unfortunately appears to be down right now).

Hi,

I have tried implementing this, but I am running into the problems
that others have about too many idle MySQL connections. Is there an
easy way to get around this?

Alex - you mention something here [1] about needing to track the
connections (that are not the default connection). Should I do
something analogous to the connection_counter attribute of the
django.db.models.Manager class?

Em

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/6ed797f6b00dca90