On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Rama Vadakattu
<rama.vadaka...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a django project with N number of dependencies to other
> packages.
> Now i want to deploy the project on production server?
>
> As of now iam doing this.
> 1.Move the django project to production server.
> 2.install the dependencies on production server similar to that of the
> way i have done on local system.
>
> Is it the right approach?
> i feel reinstalling dependencies again on production server is
> tedious.
>
> i would like to know how everyone  is dealing with the above problem.
>
> --rama

Take a look at PIP and it's requirement file system, which I think for
python packages is a good solution.  If you have OS level dependencies (such
as the stuff GIS relies on) you'll probably need to see what tools your
packages manager offers.
Alex

say it." -- Voltaire
"Code can always be simpler than you think, but never as simple as you want"
-- Me