Phil wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> unfortunately it seems that there is no way to do so. As you've
> noticed that correctly you can use request (request.user) in any place
> but model save.

Yes, I bumped into the same problem and came to the same conclusion. No
way. Unless you hack out something along the lines of
translation.activate/get_language - using a global dictionary and

I think it is a design decision, to keep MVC structure clean. Though it
might be arguable if it would really seriously breach the MVC principle.
Maybe it is worthwhile.

Bartek