I've created a model form and I was wondering what the correct way to
save this was. I've tried adapting the view from the standard django
forms docs but maybe it should be different?

This is what i have in my view (it says contact form but its a form
that should save contacts in a db):

class ContactForm(ModelForm):
    class Meta:
        model = Contact

def contact_view(request):
    if request.method == 'Post':
        form = ContactForm(request.POST)
        if form.is_valid():
            contact= form.save()
            return HttpResponseRedirect('/thanks/')
       else: return HttpResponseRedirect('/error/')

    else:
        form = ContactForm()
        tags = Tag.objects.all()
    return render_to_response('Site/contact.html', locals(),
context_instance=RequestContext(request))

And my template is like this:

<form method="POST">
                                        {{ form.as_p }}
                                        <input type="submit" value="Submit" />

My understanding is that with this setup it should go to thanks/ if
the form is valid and error/ if it is not and it doesn't do either,
and it doesn't save or come back with any errors either . could
someone help me please?

Thanks