Hi everybody,

I upgraded from somewhere around Django 1.0 to 1.0.2, and some things
broke and had to be changed. In the following, f is an object of class
'django.core.files.uploadedfile.TemporaryUploadedFile'. I need to

1) Get the contents of the file corresponding to f. I had to change
f['content'] to f._file.read()

>From the docs (specifically, 'core/files/uploadedfile.py') it looks like
f.read() might be the right thing?

2) Get the filename of the file corresponding to f. I had to change
f['filename'] to f._name.

3) Get the sessionid. I had to change request.COOKIES['sessionid'] to
request.COOKIES[settings.SESSION_COOKIE_NAME]

It is presumably better to use a stable API rather than less stable
internals, so my question is - what is the best expression to use in the
examples above so that they are less likely to break on upgrade? Please CC
me on any reply.

                                                      Regards, Faheem.