On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:09 PM, sjol <s.jolico...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've started to migrate my site from django 0.96.3 to 1.1 and have
> encountered a few snags but one seems particularly odd as it only
> happens in the  admin and for the  user-tools in "admin/templates/
> base.html" .  I  get a template synthax error "Caught an exception
> while rendering: Empty module name "  with this line :
>
> {% url django-admindocs-docroot as docsroot %}

That's probably a red herring.  The url tag is going to attempt to do a
reverse url lookup, which requires that all of your url patterns are valid.
That's where to start looking.  I'd probably reduce your urlpatterns to just
the admin and verify that works, then start adding others back until you get
an error...it's the one you add right before you see the error that is
causing the problem.

Karen