Hello Pony Wizards,

I am facing a use case where my authentication process is variable
depending on the request.subdomain catched by a custom
GetSubdomainMiddleware.

AAA.example.com/login
BBB.example.com/login

In this case my subdomain is "AAA", I have the domain name in a model
which also has the URL to use for the authentication of the user. This
URL could be www.AAA.com/session/create/

I want my authbackend to make a POST (username, pass)  to this URL and
get a JSON response containing the user details or a fail
(authentication fail). This part is fine and the example given in
django for auth backend is perfect.

The problem is that auth backend handling is usually done by adding an
entry in settings AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS.

Could i set somehow my custom auth backend with URL as a parameter on
an anonymous user knowing his subdomain ?

Should i just go the easy way and handle it with a view ?

Thanks,
Greg