Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2009-08-12, o godz. 17:11, przez Andrea Zilio:

> I'm sorry, can you explain a little bit this problem? Or where I can
> get info about it?
>
> On Aug 12, 3:48 pm, Jarek Zgoda <jarek.zg...@redefine.pl> wrote:
>> Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2009-08-12, o godz. 13:00, przez Enrico
>> Sartorello:
>>
>>> i'm facing a problem developing with Django a Web Application: in
>>> response to some events (for example, after an admin action) i
>>> need to
>>> sendemailsto some users of my site.
>>
>>> The problem arises when i want theseemailsto be translated in any
>>> user-specific language: the Request object i have just contains the
>>> language infos of the user that trigger the event, so it's not
>>> what i
>>> need.
>>> Generally, LocaleMiddleware behaviour can't do that job, because is
>>> based on sessions and cookies of a particular user.
>>> Roughly speaking i need (at least) a way to manually decide which is
>>> the language to apply for translations.
>>
>> OnceIneededtosendemailsinHungarianfromEnglishapplication and
>> this worked.
>>
>> Before translating any string you need to know which language to use.
>> If you have this information handy somewhere you can just switch the
>> translation catalog safely in separated process environments
>> (FastCGI,
>> WSGI). As translation.activate() is process-wide, this approach is
>> not
>> safe in multithreaded environment if using static translation (not
>> request-based).

The problem: translate some text to language other than specified in
request or statically in settings (but of course already known).
The solution:

def to_german():
     cur_lang = translation.get_language()
     try:
         translation.activate('de')
         german_text = translation.ugettext(u'This is some text')
     finally:
         translation.activate(cur_lang)
     return german_text

I stand corrected that translation activation **is** thread safe and
does not affect code running in another threads (mod_python might be
the cause of my problems).

--
Artificial intelligence stands no chance against natural stupidity

Jarek Zgoda, R&D, Redefine
jarek.zg...@redefine.pl