Hello folks,

I read through the documentation and got my project up and running.
But when I try to upload something, I receive the error messages
'permission denied'. I could sloppy fix that problem with chmod, but
that is not want I want to do. Since then I am thinking about a good
folder hierarchy for my projects im combination with httpd, mod_wsgi
and ftpd.

My current configuration is:

/home/django/projects/myproject/
/home/django/projects/myproject/media/
/home/django/projects/myproject/templates/
/home/django/projects/myproject/django.wsgi
ftp with user django @ /home/django/projects/myproject/*

As you can see, if I chmod a+rwx /media/ (sloppy) and apache creates a
file, my ftp user cant delete these new files because they belong to
apache.

I want a secure way to serve django files, statis media files, the
templates and being able to edit everything with ftp. For that I like
- no LOVE - to know how you arranged files and folders in combination
with 2 http servers (django&media) and ftp.