On Sep 4, 10:47 am, Margie <margierogin...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can someone clarify what format dates and times are stored in when
> using just a standard DateTimeField?  Is my timezone encoded in the
> database or is some generic, non-timezone-specific date/time stored?

There is no timezone encoded. The dates/times are said to be "naive".

It is up to you to assign meaning to the time and to convert to the
appropriate timezone for your users.

You should probably review this:

http://docs.python.org/library/datetime.html

Regards,
BN

PS. The pytz library is useful for performing conversions between
timezones.
http://pytz.sourceforge.net/