I have a Django application running with mod_python on Apache. In
settings.py I have set TIME_ZONE="America/New_York". Within my
application I verify that os.environ['TZ'] is indeed set to this
value. Within my view.py I use datetime.datetime.now() to create a
time stamp that is stored in a model as a DateTimeField and viewed on
a rendered html page.

However, the times that I generate in my view are all off from what
they should be by five hours. I've changed the time zone around
"America/Chicago", "America/Anchorage" etc. no matter what I set
TIME_ZONE to, I get the same wrong time (5 hours off).

If I go to the admin page and use the change entry page to modify the
values stored in the database, the Time now link gives the correct
time?

Any idea on what is going on here? I'm particularly perplexed as to
why the admin page and my view are giving different times.

Brian