I like the rails mechanism for specifying page layouts (boilerplate
template that surrounds the currently rendered view).

Its simple and obvious.

I cannot, having read most of two books on django now along with the
website stuff, figure out how to do the same thing in django.

Also, I'm building a multiple-domain site and using the sites module
so I want different layouts for different sites.

Can someone point me an example or a module or something?

Thx

-Todd