One final question if I may (well I hope its the last).

In my  standard report generating view I need to use Arial font (for
example).

I have studied the reportlab docs (Paragraphs chapter) for hours and
tried all sorts of guesses as to how to do it.  Nothing I have tried
works. My fault.  Now insightful enough.

I have the following in my report generating view (which works a
treat) and I am sure there is a simple alteration that will change the
font.  But there is no example in the docs AFAIK.

stylesheet = getSampleStyleSheet()
normalstyle = stylesheet['Normal']

Any offers?

Mike