On 09-11-27 4:41 AM, Allen wrote:
> Dear Bruno
>
> Great to hear that there are other ZOPE users among us.

More than you might think ;)

> When I work with ZOPE I code with dtml. I only found out about ZPT
> when I quiz ZOPE and never got familiar with it afterwords. The first
> thing they teach you when working with ZOPE is to combine segment of
> web pages with<dtml-var "aSegment.html">. With this I could type use
> some page with other tags or javascript/css and it will all render
> normally.

The include tag will include a chunk of another template and is a simple
way include a HTML snippet for re-use:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/templates/builtins/#include

> I want to create a application that uses minimal html files. At the
> present stage of development, coded everything into one html and save
> all the static data into the database.
>
> I want to know about re-rendering a django tag/javascript/css is
> because I want to allow my users to use a web interface to type in
> their contents and custom tag that I created and save it back to the
> database.

So users should be typing in some HTML, that becomes part of a model and
you then render the model back out.

As for the custom tag you can compile that back out like this:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/templates/api/#compiling-a-string

> If everything work accordingly, the custom tag will activate and put
> javascript/googleMap api onto the page and display a google map. But
> sadly it didn't gone according to plan and instead the page only
> displayed the tag as if it was just text.

To be honest this is one of the things I did in my first or second Zope
project which seems about 4 bazillion years ago. Users could enter these
custom tags into the HTML area and magic would happen. Sadly it didn't
work out very well.

I would recommend a simple "add map to this page" button myself that
twiddles a model attribute.
--
   Andy McKay, @clearwind
   Training: http://clearwind.ca/training/