Error on IE:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

   Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

Error on Firefox:
Failed to Connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
127.0.0.1:8000.

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a
connection.

    * Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites?  Check the computer's
network connection.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?
Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

I used "python manage.py syncdb" on cms which went through with out
any errors. I took this to mean it was running.

I have gone through the official tutorial on the site (along with ones
on other sites and one in the book "Practical Django Projects").

This is the message I get when I run the server in the shell:
[jjhug...@silo cms]$ python manage.py runserver
Validating models...
0 errors found

Django version 1.1.1, using settings 'cms.settings'
Development server is running at http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Quit the server with CONTROL-C.

I have tried several other ports by adding the port number to the end
of the command, but that did not work either.