On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Russell <yufe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/releases/1.0-porting-guide/
>
> The guide didn't mention the change in
> django.datastructure.MultiValueDict which affects QueryDict directly
> and request.POST and request.GET eventually. The change is minor, but
> critical: MultiValueDict.iteritems() returns (key, last_value) instead
> of (key, [values]).
>
> I've paid painful price to find out the cause of my borken data and
> hope this could be written in the guide explicitly and save people
> some time.

The guide covers the common (and less common, in two different sections)
changes needed to port code from 0.96 to 1.0. It's meant as an aid to those
who have code which needs only the more common changes, and does not attempt
to be an exhaustive list of things that might need to be changed.  Rather it
points to the release notes, which in turn point to the complete list of
backwards-incompatible changes from 0.96 to 1.0.  There the change you note
is documented:

http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/BackwardsIncompatibleChanges#CorrectedMultiValueDict.iteritemstoreturnitemsratherthanlists

The problem with the full list is it is overwhelming for people who only
need to make the more common changes, so the guide was developed.  But then
the problem with the guide is that it doesn't cover everything.  But if it
covered everything, it would become the full list and again be rather
overwhelming for people who really only need to know about the common
things.

Karen