There is much to say on this topic. I suggest doing some Google searching on
"Django versus PHP" and read until you know the answer to your question.

My brief summary is that Django lets you do everything you can do in PHP, and
much better and faster because it has all the mundane and repetitive stuff
abstracted so you don't have to build any of it from scratch. Also, and the
main reason I love it, is that you get to write Python instead of PHP.

I don't know of any type of Web site that Django is bad for. Django is
flexible, and you can use only parts of it, all of it, and customize it -- even
edit the source code.

Shawn