Hey folks, thanks for the responses. Your questions alone helped me
find the answer. Apparently, it was a problem with my apache2
configuration. I basically copied the directives from the django
website, with one small modification:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/deployment/modpython/#basic-configuration

I changed <Location "/mysite"> to <Location "/"> so my Django project
would be served at my site's root directory.

I had to remove '/mysite' from the django.root option. My final output
looks like this, with no value after django.root:"

<Location "/">
    SetHandler python-program
    PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
    SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE mysite.settings
    PythonOption django.root
    PythonDebug On
</Location>

For the record, I am running: