Hi Jon,

I have used this very successfully:

http://loopj.com/2009/04/25/jquery-plugin-tokenizing-autocomplete-text-entry/

The demo is here:

http://loopj.com/tokeninput/demo.html

One thing that differentiates it from the jquery autocomplete package
is that it allows you to specify multiple selections, which was
something I needed.  It also comes with css that gives it a very nice
look and feel.

I had almost no jquery experience at the time I started with it and
was able to get it to work very well.  That said, there are a bunch of
people that continue to ask for help or report problems, and the
author doesn't really seem to respond, so it is not well supported and
if you need enhancements, you have to dive in and understand the code.

Margie