On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM, bruno desthuilliers <
bruno.desthuilli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25 fév, 20:49, Timothy Kinney <timothyjkin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think I'll just
> > stick with urls.
>
> Mmmm... Fine for you if it works, but as far as I'm concerned I don't
> like it. I do use HttpResponseRedirect, but I pass in the result of a
> call to reverse(), always using named urls. OTHO, I don't know if
> admin urls are named.

They are, and reversable, as of 1.1:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.1/ref/contrib/admin/#admin-reverse-urls

I'm a little unclear on what's being done here to override admin views with
views provided by the app, though, so I'm not sure that's relevant for the
original question. Looking back at the original question I'd expect a view
named samurai_detail to take an argument that specifies what samurai to show
details for, yet the call to reverse specified no arguments. That could be
the cause of the revere() failure.  Without specifics of the actual url
patterns being used, though, it's hard to ay for ure.

Karen, using laptop with a barely functioning s key and tired of fixing the
tupid typo that reult. Sorry about that.