Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2010-02-16, o godz. 22:12, przez Plovarna:

I just developing my first aplication with internationalization. I need to get all verbose_name values of the model for each language defined in settings.LANGUAGES. I do it by this code defined inside model method :

   current_lang = get_language()
   names = {}
   for lang in settings.LANGUAGES:
       activate(lang[0])
       class_name = unicode(self.__class__._meta.verbose_name)
       names.append(class_name)
       deactivate()
   activate(current_lang)

My question is: Is this approach thread safe? Is there any other way how to get verbose_name of the model for each defined language?

From the code it looks like this is thread safe, thread-local seems to be used to store the translation catalog.

--
Artificial intelligence stands no chance against natural stupidity

Jarek Zgoda, R&D, Redefine
jarek.zg...@redefine.pl