I have an ajax form which updates the status field of a table's status column dynamically. I send the table name, and the Id to be replaced to the ajax processor, but when I try to call

what = model_name.objects.get(Id=id_number)

django barks at me like this;

Traceback:
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
92. response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File "/home/www/django/adm/ajax/views.py" in statusUpdate
  15.                   what = model_name.objects.get(Id=id_number)

Exception Type: AttributeError at /adm/ajax/statusUpdate/
Exception Value: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'objects'

How can I use a unicode string as a model instance?

--
Omer Barlas
omer.bar...@gmail.com