I guess the aim of documaentation is to be helpful and assist the end user.
While it makes no sense to document mysql within Django, wouldn't it make
sense to document specific interactions between Django and it's supported
back-end DB's that are likely to catch people out? - maybe just as
annotations to the main text?

I personally find I appreciate such things hugely when reading through
documentation etc.. -  It does nothing but good for me and my perception of
the materials at hand.

?